Shortlist announced for the Greater Manchester Health and Care Champion Awards after record number of nominations received
The only Greater Manchester-wide awards which recognise the amazing contributions from our whole health and care workforce has announced its 2023 shortlisted nominations. The stories are as inspirational as ever.
A record number of nominations were submitted this year – just over 530 in total. Each sharing the extraordinary stories from across our employed and unwaged workforce. Nominations were submitted for 13 different categories, including Leadership, Innovation and Volunteer Champion.
Nominations have come in from across the health and care sector of all ten boroughs of Greater Manchester. Many include the contribution of staff who have dedicated years to working in the sector while others showcase those making great leaps at the start of their health and care career journey.
Our 2023 shortlist includes apprentices, doctors, optometrists, receptionists, nurses, a care home manager and a barber! All shortlisted nominations will be considered by a judging panel. The winners will be announced at a sponsored event on 13 July 2023, held in Manchester. The event will be hosted by TV presenter and Manchester-born, Michelle Ackerley.
Find out who has been shortlisted below.Learn more
We are delighted to be working with our media sponsors Hits Radio and the Manchester Evening News to deliver these awards.
Thank you for nominating your colleagues for the Greater Manchester Health and Care Champion Awards 2023. By making the nomination you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Nominations will only be accepted for health and social care staff who work in Greater Manchester, waged or unwaged and who have met the criteria within 2022-23.
- Entries for the awards will close on Friday 10th March 2023 at 23:59 GMT. Judging will take place in May. There will be three shortlisted nominees from each category and one award winner. The winner will be announced and informed during the event in July 2023. Winners will be presented with a trophy. There is no prize or cash alternative for the winner.
- If nominating someone for multiple awards the Champion Awards team have the final decision on which category, they should be entered into.
- Due diligence on nominees who are shortlisted will be carried out with members of their organisation or community before the final judging panel.
- The information contained in your nomination is strictly confidential and will not be shared with any person other than those involved in the administration of these awards, with the exception of the reasons for the nomination, which may be used in association with the announcement of any award.
- NHS GM Integrated Care has the right to disqualify any entry not made in accordance with these terms and conditions.