Eligible people are being urged to get their winter vaccinations for flu and COVID-19 as soon as possible for the best protection.
The adult COVID and flu vaccination programmes have been brought forward following the emergence of a new COVID-19 variant.
Adults can book their flu vaccination through their GP practice or local pharmacy, and some people may be offered their vaccinations directly by a local NHS service.
The flu vaccine is also offered to most children who should get it as soon as they can for their protection and to help stop the virus spreading to others. The children’s flu vaccine is usually given as a quick and painless spray up the nose.
Flu and COVID-19 can be unpleasant. But for many people, particularly those with certain health conditions, older people and pregnant women, they can be very dangerous and even life-threatening. Catching both viruses over winter increases the risk of serious illness even further.
Vaccines are the best protection against both viruses so please share these posts on your social media as appropriate.
The social media toolkits and all the assets can be found in the following download links:
Please do not use the positional images in the tables, these are for reference only and not hi-resolution for using on socials.
All target audiences
- Winter vaccinations updated walk-in clinics #GMGrabAJab – social media copy (word doc) (updated 10 October 2023)
- Winter vaccinations updated walk-in clinics – digital assets (zip folder) (6 October 2023)
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations autumn/winter 2023-24 – social media copy (word doc) (20 September 2023).
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations autumn/winter 2023-24 – digital assets (zip file) (20 September 2023)
- Flu vaccination 2-3 year olds ‘Flu snot funny’ campaign – social media copy (word doc) (5 October 2023)
- Flu vaccination 2-3 year olds ‘Flu snot funny’ – digital assets (zip file) (4 October 2023)
- Vaccinations During Pregnancy – social media toolkit (3 November 2023)
- Use the social media assets to schedule posts on your channels
- Share this toolkit with partner organisations and with stakeholder lists
Winter COVID-19 vaccination Winter flu vaccination programme Vaccinations During Pregnancy