Dental care

If you have pain in your mouth, teeth or gums, you will need to contact a dentist – your GP practice won’t be able to help.

Contact your regular dentist, if you have one. If they’re closed, or you do not have a regular dentist, call the Greater Manchester Urgent Dental Care Service on 0333 332 3800. Please be aware that this service is very busy so you may need to wait, and they cannot provide routine check-ups.

The service is available from 8am to 10pm every day, including weekends and bank holidays. When you call, you will be assessed by a healthcare professional who can provide self-care advice or book a face-to-face appointment, if needed.

You can access this service in a number of locations across Greater Manchester. Choose the one that is most convenient for you, but it’s unlikely to be your regular dental practice.

Patients are not registered with a dentist in the same way as they are with a GP so, if you need a check-up or dental treatment, you can go to a practice outside your local community.

Find a dental practice near you.

Share this post