Skip to content Back to top

Get in touch

Use the form below to send us your message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. You can also call our offices (during normal working hours) if you need to reach a particular person or have a media enquiry.

Before you can submit your message, you’ll need to fill in the fields marked*

"*" indicates required fields

Help us to get your query to the right place by choosing your borough or city.
Send me email updates

General enquiries

Call: 0161 742 6023
(during office hours)

We are currently experiencing an issue with our telephone line, please use our email address where possible.


Please see below for Freedom of Information contact details

Media enquiries

Call: 07815 655212


For urgent out-of-hours media calls, please call: 07815 655 213

4th Floor, 3 Piccadilly Place, Manchester, M1 3BN

Here you can find the contact details for several different teams, including:

  • Feedback and complaints
  • Freedom of Information requests
  • General contact details

If you’re a patient, relative or carer with questions about the services across Greater Manchester, our patient advice and complaints services can help.

Each NHS organisation has its own patient advice and complaint service. You should try to contact the organisation who provided the care you have a query about, as they’re best placed to advise you and investigate any complaints.

If you have feedback or a complaint about a service, please contact them directly.


GP Practice, Pharmacy, Dental and Optometry Services

From 1st July 2023, NHS England’s regional complaints handling function moved to NHS Greater Manchester. If you would like to submit a complaint about your GP, Dentist, Pharmacy or Optician, please contact the team for the area that the practice is based in. Their contact details can be found under the ‘Local area feedback and complaints’ section of this page below.


Hospital and Community Services

You can complain directly to one of the providers below, or you can complain to the lead commissioner in your local area (see the Local area feedback and complaints information below for details):

Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) (Altrincham Hospital, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, North Manchester General Hospital, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, Saint Mary’s Hospital, Trafford Hospital, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Withington Community Hospital, and Wythenshawe Hospital)

Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust  (Fairfield General Hospital, North Manchester General Hospital, Rochdale Infirmary, Salford Royal, and The Royal Oldham Hospital)

Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

The Christie

Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (Leigh Infirmary, Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (Wigan), Thomas Linacre Centre, and Wrightington Hospital)


Mental health services

You can complain directly to one of the providers below, or you can complain to the lead commissioner in your local area (see the Local area feedback and complaints information below for details):

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust


Ambulance services

Please complain directly to the service:

North West Ambulance Service

For all other advice or complaints, please contact your local area feedback and complaints team:


NHS GM (Bolton)
Lever Chambers
27 Ashburner Street
Bolton, BL1 1SQ


01204 462 023


For informal enquiries, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service team for advice, support and information, on 0161 253 5959 (8.45am until 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)

Bury – NHS GM,
Townside Primary Care Centre,
1 Knowsley Place,
Knowsley Street,
Bury, BL9 0SN


0161 271 3110 for complaints
0161 253 5959 for informal patient advice, support and information

Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale

Patient Services
Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale – NHS GM,
PO Box 100,
Rochdale, OL16 9NP


01706 672 549


Manchester – NHS GM,
Manchester Feedback and Complaints Service
PO Box 532
Town Hall
Manchester, M60 2LA


0161 953 8388


Oldham – NHS GM,
Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham, OL1 1UT


07966 746 117


Salford Patient Services – NHS GM,
Civic Centre
Chorley Road
Swinton, M27 5AW


0161 779 8800


Stockport – NHS GM,
1st Floor, Stopford House


0161 426 9930
0161 426 9931


Tameside – NHS GM,
Tameside One,
Market Place,
Tameside, OL6 6BH


0161 342 5500


Patient Experience Matters
Trafford – NHS GM,
Trafford Town Hall,
Talbot Road,
Stretford, M32 0TH


0161 873 9577 – for complaints
0161 873 9634 – for informal patient advice, support and information


Wigan – NHS GM,
Wigan Life Centre,
College Avenue,
Wigan, WN1 1NJ


01942 482711

Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 provides a right of access to a wide range of information held by public authorities, including the NHS.

The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 provide a right of access to information relating to the environment, which is held by public authorities, including the NHS.

Our duty to you

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 requires us to:

  • provide information to you which is held by NHS Greater Manchester
  • provide a guide to this information
  • respond appropriately to requests for information.

Before you request information from NHS Greater Manchester, please check whether the information you seek is already available. We publish information on this website, and you may find the answer to your question is already here. Our publication scheme explains what information we currently release or expect to release.

If you request information from NHS Greater Manchester that is already published, we will refer you to the published source.

Who can request information?

Anyone, anywhere in the world, can make an FOI or EIR request to NHS Greater Manchester.

What can I request?

You can seek any recorded information that you think NHS Greater Manchester may hold.

You do not have to know whether the information you want is covered by the EIR or the FOI Act. When you make a request, we will decide which law applies. If the information is your own personal data, then you should make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 not an FOI request.  Find out more information about how you can make a Subject Access Request.

How do I request information?

FOI requests must be in writing and can be either posted or emailed to NHS Greater Manchester.

For postal requests, please send to:

NHS Greater Manchester, 4th Floor, 3 Piccadilly Place, Manchester, M1 3BN

Send email requests to

Please write “Freedom of Information” in the subject line of any FOI request.

EIR requests can also be submitted verbally or in writing, using the methods above.

If you would have difficulty making a written request, please call our customer contact centre on 0161 742 6023.

What information must I include in my request?

The FOI Act requires certain information to be supplied before we can respond to your request:

  • Your real name – we do not have to respond to requests submitted under a pseudonym.
  • Your address (this could be your email addresses)
  • A description of the information you wish to obtain.
  • Any preferences for the format in which you wish to receive the information for example electronic or hard copy. We will endeavour to meet your preferences but cannot guarantee that we will be able to.

What you do not need to do

You do not need to:

  • explicitly mention the FOI Act or EIR, although it may be helpful
  • know whether the information is covered by the FOI Act or the EIR
  • say why you want the information
  • specify particular documents; you have a right to information, however it is recorded.

How should I word my request?

Comprehensive guidance on submitting requests is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office


  • Clearly identify the information you want. Be clear about date ranges or timescales. If it is not clear what you are requesting, we may need to seek further clarification from you.
  • Be as specific as possible. Ask questions such as “what” or “how much” as this is much more likely to result in a useful response.
  • Use straightforward, polite language.

Do not:

  • Use open-ended questions such as “why”. We do not have to answer your question if this would mean creating new information or giving an opinion or judgment that is not already recorded.
  • Base your request on assumptions or opinions.
  • Mix your request with complaints or comments.

What happens when my request is received?

We have a legal obligation to reply to your FOI or EIR request within 20 working days of receipt. We will do one of the following:

  • Supply you with the information you requested.
  • Inform you that we don’t hold the information and, if we are able, advise you who does.
  • Inform you that we hold the information requested but refuse to provide all or part of it and explain why, citing one or more of the exemptions from the FOI Act or exceptions under EIR where relevant.
  • Inform you that we need to extend the 20-working day deadline either to allow us to consider the Public Interest Test for FOI requests or if the request is considered particularly complex for EIR requests.

What can I do if I am unhappy with the response I receive or the way my request was handled?

You can ask us for an internal review of your FOI or EIR request. When you write to us requesting an internal review, we will acknowledge your request and tell you how long the review will take. We aim to complete internal reviews within 20 working days, although cases that are complex may take longer. Where internal reviews go over 20 working days, we will keep you informed of progress.

If, after an internal review, you are still not satisfied you can then complain to the Information Commissioner. For details of how to do this visit the ICO website.

Full details of how to ask NHS Greater Manchester for an internal review will be included in our initial response to your request.

Details of how to complain further to the Information Commissioner will be included in our response to your internal review request.

If after following the NHS complaints process, you remain unhappy, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Before contacting The Care Gateway, check the information on The Care Gateway page for a quick way to get an answer to most queries.

The Care Gateway opening hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 18:00, excluding bank holidays.

You can contact us on:

Tel: 0161 947 0770 or 0800 092 4020


Please listen carefully to the options and select your required service.

For details of how to provide feedback or raise compliments, concerns or complaints please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Launch Recite Me assistive technology