The winners of this year’s celebrating remarkable and inspirational stars, teams and leaders (CRISTAL) Care Awards were announced at ceremony held at Dukinfield Town Hall on Friday 14 October.
Health and social care professionals from across Tameside and Glossop attended a glitzy awards ceremony that recognised and celebrated their personal, innovative and dedicated work that benefits people receiving care from an independent care provider.
A tremendous number of people were nominated to receive one of the awards which acknowledges hard work, dedication and commitment to looking after local people’s loved ones.
The awards were judged by an independent panel of some of the most respected individuals.
The winners were:
Celebrating Personalisation in Care
- Emma Taylor at Direct Care Tameside Ltd (home Care)
- Ann-Marie Coggin at Willowbank (care Home)
- Full staff team at Sandon House (mixed – home care and care home)
Inspirational and Innovative Practice
- All carers at Comfort Call (home care)
- Full staff team at Holme Lea (care home)
- Shanice Manley at Direct Care Tameside Ltd (home care)
- Emma Smith at Moss Cottage (care home)
- Full staff team at Kings Park (mixed – home care and care home)
Achievement in the workplace
- Sarah Cowan, Tracy Waterfield and Karen Kennedy at Thorncliffe Grange (mixed – home care and care home)
Leading the Way
- Vicki Kinder at Care Line (mixed – home care and care home)
Diamond (Special Award)
- Full staff team at Direct Care Tameside (home care)
Sandra Stewart, place-based lead at Tameside Integrated Care Partnership and chief executive at Tameside Council, said: “I was humbled and privileged to have been part of this year’s CRISTAL Care Awards ceremony. Congratulations to all the well-deserved winners and nominees.
“Now in their third year, these prestigious awards go from strength to strength, acknowledging people’s dedication and commitment to their role caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
“Thank you also to everyone who got involved to help to make this another successful event.”
More information about the awards can be found at https://www.tameside.gov.uk/CristalAwards2022